Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Soundtrack

I don’t talk about music here, a lot of other people do on their blogs, I don’t do it here because I listen to my iPod most of the time when I’m reading on the train to and from work, I have it on permanent shuffle and no specific genre or artist gets played more than any other. You’ll find everything from Beethoven to Kayne West on my iPod. This morning a song and an idea hit me. I just had to write it down.

I quite like Alice Cooper, as glam rockers go I think he was one of the best things to come out of America during that period. Due to the image and the controversy that provoked at the time a lot the humour and cleverness of Alice’s songs got glossed over. Hardly anyone knows about the Donny Osmond reference at the end of The Department of Youth. The song that hit me this morning was No More Mr Nice Guy.

I was reading and listening and then all of a sudden this song blared into my ears. I put my book down and really listened to it and an image formed in my head. A Conanesque figure striding around a battlefield wreaking havoc and No More Mr Nice Guy playing in the background. I started thinking about it a little more and I wondered what current or future filmic projects this could fit. This lead me to the upcoming HBO A Game of Thrones series. I searched my memory banks and couldn’t really find a scene to fit the song until I remembered Syrio and Arya when Meryn Trant and the Goldcloaks come for the youngest Stark girl. When Syrio Forel, Water Dancer, First Sword of Braavos unleashes hell on them. I could just see it, Syrio saying that the First Sword of Braavos does not run, telling Arya to GO and then as the music amps up he flies into the Goldcloaks. Of course they won’t do it this way, they’ll pick something suitable, but it won’t be Alice Cooper.

Anyone else do this? Anyone else got a scene they’d like to see with music to fit? Or am I just mad?

No comments:

Post a Comment